Job Opportunities at Equine Advocates
Equine Advocates is a national non-profit organization – we focus our work on rescue, sanctuary, education and advocacy. Our horse sanctuary in Chatham, NY is home to 80+ rescued horses, ponies, donkeys & mules. We are seeking applicants who have compassion for animals.
F/T Horse Farm Worker
- Cleaning stalls and pastures. Installing new bedding as instructed.
- Feeding grain and distributing hay
- Cleaning and refilling water troughs
- Cleaning mineral and salt block holders, replacing with new blocks as needed
- Walking horses to/from the main barn as needed
- Mowing grass, weed whacking, raking leaves and shoveling snow
- Helping repair/install fencing and doing other facility work as needed.
- Experience working with horses, a plus
- Must be dependable and a self-starter
- Valid driver’s license
- English communications required
- Ability to perform duties in all temperatures. Ability to lift, push and
pull up to 50 lbs and stand, sit, kneel, walk for long periods of time
Hourly Rate / Work Schedule (subject to change):
- $14 per hour
- 6 days a week – Start time 7 AM
- 35-40 hours per week / Paid O/T over 40 hours
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail it to: Equine Advocates, PO Box 354, Chatham, NY 12037