Job Opportunities at Equine Advocates
Equine Advocates is a national non-profit organization – we focus our work on rescue, sanctuary, education and advocacy. Our horse sanctuary in Chatham, NY is home to 80+ rescued horses, ponies, donkeys & mules. We are seeking applicants who have compassion for animals.
Communications / Social Media Manager
We are seeking an experienced Communications / Social Media Manager with excellent writing skills and social media knowledge.
Responsibilities/Job Duties (while detailed, does not include all aspects of job):
- Regular research of issues on the web
- Write/update for Organization’s Website / knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Write/create regular E-blasts through ConstantContact
- Write daily posts for Facebook & Twitter
- Daily photo and/or video upload to Instagram
- Write quarterly newsletter (or more frequently as time permits)
- Help write direct mail pieces, brochures/pamphlets and information sheets
- Maintain/update sanctuary graphics
- Handle telephone and internet inquiries
- Update to Charity Navigator, Guidestar and others
- Handle accreditation applications and renewals
- Assist with Annual Gala – ads, gifts, etc. and TYs after the event
- Help organize other fund-raisers and special events
- Assist President with Marketing and Public Relations
- Write Press Releases and Distribute to Media Outlets
- Assist Humane Educator with school group visits
- Assist with Public Open Days, Group Visits & Community Service projects.
- Handles other group visits – talks, tours, activities, demonstrations, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience with social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work flexibly, collaboratively and effectively
This position is in our headquarters in Chatham, NY and not a remote position.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples and our Employment Application (we cannot consider applicants who do not provide these documents)
Email to [email protected]
or mail to: Equine Advocates, PO Box 354, Chatham, NY 12037
F/T Horse Farm Worker
- Cleaning stalls and pastures. Installing new bedding as instructed.
- Feeding grain and distributing hay
- Cleaning and refilling water troughs
- Cleaning mineral and salt block holders, replacing with new blocks as needed
- Walking horses to/from the main barn as needed
- Mowing grass, weed whacking, raking leaves and shoveling snow
- Helping repair/install fencing and doing other facility work as needed.
- Experience working with horses, a plus
- Must be dependable and a self-starter
- Valid driver’s license
- English communications required
- Ability to perform duties in all temperatures. Ability to lift, push and
pull up to 50 lbs and stand, sit, kneel, walk for long periods of time
Hourly Rate / Work Schedule (subject to change):
- $14 per hour
- 6 days a week – Start time 7 AM
- 40 hours per week / Paid O/T over 40 hours
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
or mail it to: Equine Advocates, PO Box 354, Chatham, NY 12037