You are invited to attend Equine Advocates 11th Annual Awards Dinner & Charity Auction on August 2nd in Saratoga Springs, NY.
This year, we are delighted to be honoring George Strawbridge, Jr., owner of Augustin Stable, with the Safe Home Equine Protection Award for his humanitarian work, lobbying efforts and strong public stance against the use of performance-enhancing drugs in horse racing and strong opposition to the slaughter of America’s equines for human consumption. As an owner, breeder and former steeplechase rider, Mr. Strawbridge has been an example of honesty and integrity throughout his long involvement with horse racing which has won him and his horses countless awards and accolades over the years.
We are also pleased to be honoring Lael Stable owners, Gretchen & Roy Jackson, whose late, great champion Barbaro, inspired a nation, with the Ellen & Herbert Moelis Equine Savior Award for Philanthropy. Their generosity in support of equine protection causes, veterinary institutions and their outspoken views against horse slaughter and all forms of equine abuse have made them two of the most respected, popular and beloved people in the horse world as well as with the general public.
And finally, we are honoring Jockey Edgar Prado with the Bo Derek Award of Merit for his heroic acts of bravery in protecting horses and his fellow riders.
Our Live Auction includes an amazing roster of gifts, trips and art. Below is a list of just a few of the items that will be up for bid at our gala:
- “Zenyatta and Her First Foal” by Katie Upton. Color, light and vibrant energy are the identifying elements of a Katie Upton painting. Ms. Upton follows up on her sensational 2011 portrait of Zenyatta with a touching and whimsical picture of the great race mare and her first foal – a beautiful bay colt born on March 8, 2012.
- New York Yankees/Broadway Extravanganza for Four. Start this exciting New York excursion by checking into Manhattan’s luxurious Mandarin Oriental Hotel located at Columbus Circle and Central Park where your stay will include two King bedded rooms on both Friday, September 14th and Saturday, September 15th. Soon after you arrive on Friday, a limousine will pick you and your guests up and take you to Yankee Stadium where you will enjoy the game from Field Level Box Seats with Table Service for the Yankees vs Tampa Bay. After the game, your waiting limousine will take you back to your hotel. On Saturday, you will have House Seats to the Broadway show of your choice (for either a matinee or evening performance). Enjoy a delectable dinner before or after the show rounding out this truly sensational New York experience.
- “Clearing’s Edge” by Jeffrey Terreson. Acclaimed artist Jeffrey terreson currently works in a “Neo-Impressionistic painting style” that embraces both traditional and mixed media. With “Clearing’s Edge” he wanted to depict a horse as part of nature in the bucolic and totally natural environment. This is a homage to the beauty and freedom that horses mean to all of us!
- Champagne and Lingerie. You and up to three guests will enjoy a fun-filled afternoon at the luxurious Manhattan showrooms of Komar, the world’s largest producer of sleepwear, lingerie and loungewear. Personal fitters & styplsits will help you sellect an intimate wardrobe by famous designers including Donna Karan, Anne Klein, Ellen Tracy and others. You and your guests will get to select a total of 42 of yoru favorite pieces ehich will be specially ordered and shipped directly to your homes. This amazing package also includes a scrumptopis champagne luncheon and a person tour of the facility to learn how the garments are designed and created.
- “Strikin’ the Breeze” by Peggy Kauffman. In creating this unique bronze of a racehorse, sculptor Peggy Kauffman experimented with a more interpretive realism in her work and focused on compositional dynamics in leiu of boundaries that surround portraiture. The end result is nothing short of exquisite! This is Number 1 in a limited edition of five.
- Classé CateringWhite Glove Dining Experience for Ten. This world class event begins with the chef who will come to your home and work with you to create a menu and theme for a party of ten. Feast on fine cuisine while participating in the preparation and execution of a multi-course meal, compelte with European table service.
- VIP Champagne Helicopter Tour over Manhattan for Six
- David Yurman Sterling Silver and 18′ Karat yellow gold Buckle Cuff Bracelet from Frank Adams Jewelers
Hope you can come and join in the festivities!
Please call for tickets at 518-245-1599 or email email@example.com.
All funds raised will go toward our Equine Rescue, Sanctuary and Humane Education Programs. If you are unable to attend, won’t you please consider making a tax-deductible donation toward these vital programs?